Moderately High Zinc Intake Impairs Verbal Memory of Healthy Postmenopausal Women on a Low Copper Diet
- 18 Downloads
KeywordsZinc Deficiency Zinc Intake Zinc Status Healthy Postmenopausal Woman Verbal Span
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Darnell, L.S. and Sandstead, H.H., 1991, Iron, zinc and cognition, Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 53:P16.Google Scholar
- Halas, E.S. and Eberhardt, M.J., 1987, A behavioral review of trace element deficiencies in animals and humans, Nutr. Behav. 3:257–271.Google Scholar
- Hansen, C.R., Malecha, M., Mackenzie, T.B., and Kroll, J., 1993, Copper and zinc deficiencies in association with depression and neurological findings, Biol. Psychiatr. 18:395–401.Google Scholar
- Penland, J.G., Sawler, B.G., and Klevay, L.M., 1989, Brain electrophysiology in adult rats fed copper deficient diets, J. Trace. Elem. Exp. Med. 2:239–256.Google Scholar
- Penland, J.G., Speaker, K.S., and Moulton, PL., 1996, Dietary copper and magnesium effects on activity, learning, memory and anxiety in rats, N. Dak. Acad. Sci. Proc. 50:57.Google Scholar
- Penland, J.G., Sandstead, H.H., Alcock, N.W., Dayal, H.H., Chen, X.C., Li, J.S., Zhao, R, and Yang, J.J., 1997, A preliminary report: effects of zinc and micronutrient repletion on growth and neuropsychological function of urban Chinese children, J. Am. College Nutr. 16:268–272.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Raiten, D.J., Massaro, T.F., and Zuckerman, C., 1984, Vitamin and trace element assessment of autistic and learning disabled children, Nutr. Behav. 2:9–17.Google Scholar
- Walsh, C.T., Sandstead, H.H., Prasad, A.S., Newberne, P.M., and Franker, P.J., 1994, Zinc: health effects and research priorities for the 1990s, Environ, Hlth. Perspect. 102:5–46.Google Scholar
- Williams, J.M., 1991, Memory Assessment Scales Manual, Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc., Odessa, FL.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002