About this series
Methods and Tools in Biosciences and
Methods and Tools in Biosciences and Medicine represents a new standard of comprehensive laboratory manuals for researchers and workers at all levels and in various fields of biology and medicine. The series emphasizes important developments in methodology and research tools and their potential for application to human and other biologic systems. This methods series includes detailed information from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents. It covers back-ground information, detailed step-by-step protocols, typical data, hints and tips for success, troubleshooting guides and key literature references.
Each volume in the series is carefully edited by active researchers who are able to offer readers first-hand help and advice gleaned from their own laboratory experience. Methods and Tools in Biosciences and Medicine is designed to be as valuable to researchers using the techniques for the first time as it is to more experienced workers in the area of study.
· Practical manual for anyone working in the laboratory
· Comprehensive survey of the potential for application of a method or a research tool
· Detailed methodology guides that can be used directly to set up and perform experiments
· An introductory section to each topic emphasizes the potential for application and its limitations regarding the whole range of biologic and medical systems
· Competent advice in deciding between alternative methodology approaches
· Strategies for optimizing the methodology
· Critical evaluation of results
· Extensive troubleshooting paragraphs that help to overcome problems
· Hints and advice from and for daily practice
· Protocols accompanied by helpful notes
· Flowcharts that make techniques easy to follow
· Helpful troubleshooting guide, guide to protocols and guide to solutions