Numanities - Arts and Humanities in Progress
The series originates from the need to create a more proactive platform in the form of monographs and edited volumes in thematic collections, to discuss the current crisis of the humanities and its possible solutions, in a spirit that should be both critical and self-critical.
"Numanities" (New Humanities) aim to unify the various approaches and potentials of the humanities in the context, dynamics and problems of current societies, and in the attempt to overcome the crisis.
The series is intended to target an academic audience interested in the following areas:
- Traditional fields of humanities whose research paths are focused on issues of current concern;
- New fields of humanities emerged to meet the demands of societal changes;
- Multi/Inter/Cross/Transdisciplinary dialogues between humanities and social and/or natural sciences;
- Humanities “in disguise”, that is, those fields (currently belonging to other spheres), that remain rooted in a humanistic vision of the world;
- Forms of investigations and reflections, in which the humanities monitor and critically assess their scientific status and social condition;
- Forms of research animated by creative and innovative humanities-based approaches;
- Applied humanities
6 Volumes from 2016 – 2019Browse All Volumes