Written by the only SQL Server author with an existing reputation built on the topics of high-availability and failover-clustering.
Written by the same author who wrote Microsoft's SQL Server 2000 whitepaper on failover clustering, co-wrote Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 whitepaper on the same topic, and who also developed other material and presentations on failover clustering and high availability for Microsoft.
Written by an author with an established audience ready and waiting to buy his next book.
Includes supplementary material: sn.pub/extras
About this book
Pro SQL Server 2008 Failover Clustering is dedicated to the planning, implementation, and administration of clustered SQL Server 2008 implementations. Whether deploying a single–instance, two–node cluster or a multiple–node, many–instance cluster for consolidation, this book will detail all of the considerations and pitfalls that may be encountered along the way. Clustering and high–availability expert Allan Hirt shares his many years of wisdom and experience, showing how to put together the right combination of people, processes, technology, and best practices to create and manage world–class, highly available SQL Server 2008 failover clusters.
- Provides a comprehensive look at SQL Server 2008 failover clustering from the first steps of planning to daily administration
- Goes beyond just SQL Server 2008 and also covers Windows Server 2008 clustering in depth with a SQL Server focus
- Covers how and where virtualization can be used with failover clusters
- Addresses the needs of enterprise–class, 24/7 SQL Server 2008 implementations
- Written by the leading expert on SQL Server failover clustering
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server 2008
- failover clustering
About the author
Book Title: Pro SQL Server 2008 Failover Clustering
Authors: Allan Hirt
Publisher: Apress Berkeley, CA
Copyright Information: Allan Hirt 2009
Softcover ISBN: 978-1-4302-1966-8Published: 21 July 2009
Edition Number: 1
Number of Pages: 424
Topics: Database Management