Table of contents
About this book
Produced biennially, The World's Water is the most comprehensive and up-to-to date source of information and analysis on freshwater resources. Each new volume examines critical global trends and offers the best data available on a variety of topics related to water.
Volume 8 features chapters on hydraulic fracturing (fracking), water footprints, sustainable water jobs, and desalination financing, among other timely issues. Water briefs provide concise updates on topics including the Dead-Sea and the role of water in the Syrian conflict.
The World's Water is coauthored by MacArthur "genius" Peter H. Gleick and his colleagues at the world-renowned Pacific Institute. Since the first volume was published in 1998, the series has become an indispensable resource for professionals in government agencies and nongovernmental organizations, researchers, students, and anyone concerned with water and its use.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.5822/978-1-61091-483-3
- Copyright Information Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security 2014
- Publisher Name Island Press, Washington, DC
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-59726-421-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-61091-483-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site