Table of contents
About this book
This book explains how to connect the health and viability of important external systems—stakeholders, communities, infrastructure, supply chains, and natural resources—to create innovative, dynamic organizations that will find a way to survive and prosper.
As managers grapple with the challenges of the global economy, they are paying increasing attention to their organization’s resilience—its capacity to survive, adapt, and flourish in the face of turbulent change. Volatile conditions can quickly overwhelm a business that, on the surface, seems solid. Managers need a new paradigm, one that takes into account the hyper-connected world in which they operate.
Rich with case studies of organizations that are designing resilience into the very fabric of their organizations, Resilient by Design offers them a better way to adapt and thrive.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.5822/978-1-61091-588-5
- Copyright Information Joseph Fiksel 2015
- Publisher Name Island Press, Washington, DC
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-61091-684-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-61091-588-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site