About this book
The idea of mutual classification of spaces and mappings is one of the main research directions of point set topology. In a systematical way, this book discusses the basic theory of generalized metric spaces by using the mapping method, and summarizes the most important research achievements, particularly those from Chinese scholars, in the theory of spaces and mappings since the 1960s. This book has three chapters, two appendices and a list of more than 400 references. The chapters are "The origin of generalized metric spaces", "Mappings on metric spaces" and "Classes of generalized metric spaces".
Graduates or senior undergraduates in mathematics major can use this book as their text to study the theory of generalized metric spaces. Researchers in this field can also use this book as a valuable reference.
Topological space Generalized metric space Metrizable space Continuous mapping Paracompact space Covering property
- DOI https://doi.org/10.2991/978-94-6239-216-8
- Copyright Information Atlantis Press and the author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Atlantis Press, Paris
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-94-6239-215-1
- Online ISBN 978-94-6239-216-8
- Series Print ISSN 1875-7634
- Series Online ISSN 2215-1885
- About this book