About this book
The book provides a comprehensive, detailed and self-contained treatment of the fundamental mathematical properties of problems arising from the motion of viscous incompressible fluids around rotating obstacles. It offers a new approach to this type of problems. We derive the fundamental solution of the steady case and we give pointwise estimates of velocity and its gradient (first and second one). Each chapter is preceded by a thorough discussion of the investigated problems, along with their motivation and the strategy used to solve them.
The book will be useful to researchers and graduate students in mathematics, in particular mathematical fluid mechanics and differential equations.
Motion of Fluids Around Rigid Bodies Oseen-type Problems Potential Theory Representation Formula For The Velocity Field Asymptotic Profile
- DOI https://doi.org/10.2991/978-94-6239-231-1
- Copyright Information Atlantis Press and the author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Atlantis Press, Paris
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-6239-230-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-6239-231-1
- Series Print ISSN 2405-6405
- Series Online ISSN 2405-6413
- Buy this book on publisher's site