About this book
This book lays the foundations of gas- and fluid dynamics.
The basic equations are developed from first principles, building on the (assumed) knowledge of Classical Mechanics. This leads to the discussion of the mathematical properties of flows, conservation laws, perturbation analysis, waves and shocks.
Most of the discussion centers on ideal (frictionless) fluids and gases. Viscous flows are discussed when considering flows around obstacles and shocks.
Many of the examples used to illustrate various processes come from astrophysics and geophysical phenomena.
Gas Dynamics Fluid Dynamics Waves Shocks Flows
- Book Title Gas Dynamics
- Book Subtitle An Introduction with Examples from Astrophysics and Geophysics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.2991/978-94-6239-195-6
- Copyright Information Atlantis Press and the author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Atlantis Press, Paris
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-6239-194-9
- eBook ISBN 978-94-6239-195-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 391
- Number of Illustrations 47 b/w illustrations, 36 illustrations in colour
Fluid- and Aerodynamics
Astrophysics and Astroparticles
- Buy this book on publisher's site