Table of contents
Introduction Discursive Governance: Operationalization and Applications
Political Parties. How Do the Political Parties Use/Generate Discourses and Representations?
Implementing Policy: Discursive Interpretation of Policy by Political and Social Actors
Public Sphere: The Resonance and Resistance of Discourses and Representations
About this book
This book studies the dynamics of political discourse in governance processes. It demonstrates the process in which political discourses become normative mechanisms, first marking socially constructed realities in politics, second playing a role in delineating the subsequent policy frames, and third influencing the public sphere.
Discursive Studies Public Policy Social Representation Political Psychology European Union Gender Migration Policy Reform Welfare Europe South Africa LGBT rights budget citizenship desegregation European Union (EU) family policy feminism gender Germany Governance Government migration Policy politics violence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137495785
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-55885-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-49578-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site