About this book
- Book Title Confronting Mistakes
- Book Subtitle Lessons from the Aviation Industry when Dealing with Error
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137276186
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2013
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-27617-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-44655-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-27618-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 191
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Operations Research/Decision Theory
Corporate Communication/Public Relations
'A riveting, at times thriller-like, read reading this book, and talking about how it could work in your field, might be the beginning of the change you need' - Michael Skapinker, Financial Times
'Confronting Mistakes is a remarkable book. Its gripping case studies of airline disasters will keep readers on the edge of their chairs, and its penetrating analysis is deep and sophisticated. Hagen's writing is highly accessible and engaging and will enlighten everyone from error experts to curious readers in other industries. The book is destined to be a classic in the error field.'
Amy C. Edmondson, Novartis Professor of Leadership and Management, Harvard Business School
'Human behavior is a complex ecosystem, but that is no excuse to wave a white flag of surrender. Hagen has done a masterful job of capturing the salient lessons from the high risk field of aviation and made them available to the world. A tip of the hat to a fellow warrior in the battle against human error and their often tragic consequences.'
Tony Kern, CEO, Convergent Performance, former B-1B command pilot and Chair of the US Air Force Human Factors Steering Group
'It is a truly excellent work. Everyone who reads it will take something positive away from it.'
Captain Robert L. Bragg, First Officer of PanAm 1736, 1977
Andrew Hall, FT