About this book
'This volume brings an important new perspective to the field of genocide prevention. I highly recommend it.'
Deborah Mayerson, Research Fellow, University of Wollongong, Australia
This edited collection develops a gendered lens for genocide prevention by uncovering socially constructed gender roles which are crucial for the onset, form and prevention of genocide and mass atrocities. This volume draws on contemporary feminist theory, concepts of masculinity, critical discussions of international law, and in-depth case studies to provide a better understanding of the function of gender at different stages of genocide and mass atrocity processes as well as a basis for more comprehensive strategies for genocide prevention.
Genocide Violence Feminism Armenian genocide Sexual violence Yazidi people Rwanda
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-60117-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-60116-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-60117-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site