About this book
Social media is redefining how companies innovate by connecting people and ideas in previously unexplored ways.
Organizations now have the ability to utilize knowledge from external audiences around the globe that they could never reach before. It is changing the way organizations do business today, but not without some considerable risk. The Social Organization aims to shed a light on how social media usage is transforming the way organizations make sense of their identity and of their processes. By adopting a human capital perspective and merging the literature from communication studies and management research, the book argues that social media usage could be fruitfully exploited by organizations as a competitive advantage, if properly attuned with the official organizational culture and with a people-based approach to human resources.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137585356
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-84404-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-58535-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site