Table of contents
Introduction: Time and Materiality: What Is at Stake in the Materialization of Time and Time as a Materialization?
Materializing Time and History in Organizations: What Is at Stake?
Temporal Dynamics of Artefacts and Materiality in Organizations: The Importance of Material Traces
Stretching Out Time and Materiality in Organizations: From Presentism to Longue Durée
About this book
The book explores how time is materialized and performed in organizations; examines how organizations and organizational members are constituted by and constitutive of material artefacts; and reflects on what a historical perspective on these materializations can bring to the study of organizations.
information system management Organisation organization organizations
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Materiality and Time
- Book Subtitle Historical Perspectives on Organizations, Artefacts and Practices
- Series Title Technology, Work and Globalization
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137432124
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2014
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-43210-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-49239-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-43212-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 247
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site