About this book
- Book Title The British Film Industry in the 1970s
- Book Subtitle Capital, Culture and Creativity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137305923
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2013
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Media & Culture Collection Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-230-36095-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-34821-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-30592-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 221
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
British Cinema and TV
- Buy this book on publisher's site
'A substantial analysis of British film-making in the 1970s that will make a thoughtful contribution to the field of British cinema studies.'
- Andrew Spicer, University of the West of England, UK
'British Film in the 1970s is a great companion text to any module teaching British cinema of the period, but it also is a useful text to encourage those working on other times and places to ask questions about the framing of other periods and national cinemas.'
- Dr E. Anna Claydon, Viewfinder Online
'Barber's carefully researched volume will surely become the 'go to' book with regard to the industrial context of British film-making in this newly fashionable decade.'
- Stephen Glynn, Journal of British Cinema and Television (Jan 2014)