Table of contents
Introduction: Why Does Socialist Culture Matter Today?
Rethinking Socialism, Literature, and Culture
Critical Reflection on Literature and Culture since the Reform
Debating the Rise of “New Left” Culture and “Subaltern Literature” in the Reform Era
People’s Literature and Culture: From Past to Future
About this book
The first English collection of translated essays, by Chinese literary scholars, writers, and critics, this volume focuses on the legacy of socialist culture and post-socialist phenomena within the context of capitalist globalization. By rethinking socialism, literature, and culture in relation to the intellectual and cultural trends since the start of the reform and by debating the rise of the 'new left' culture, this book seeks to offer critical voices while evoking the themes of the socialist past to bear on the 21st-century Chinese intellectual and cultural scenes.
China culture gender globalization identity politics revolution socialism utopia
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137020789
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Nature America Inc. 2014
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political Science Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-43751-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-02078-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site