About this book
- Book Title Influencing
- Book Subtitle Skills and Techniques for Business Success
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230596689
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2006
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4039-9668-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-54561-2
- eBook ISBN 978-0-230-59668-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VII, 184
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
'If in your quiet moments of reflection and regret you've said to yourself, I wish I could have got them to... then this book is for you. It is your guarantee that you will never feel powerless or invisible again!' - Dr Eddie Obeng, Director of Learning, Pentacle the Virtual Business School.
'Mike and Fiona have discovered just how important a role influencing plays in the professional environment, and their comprehensive analysis with clear models and the entertaining use of case studies means we can all use this as a practical guide to improving our own ability to influence those around us.' - Matthew Osmon, Commercial Director, International Basketball Federation, Geneva.
'Undoubtedly the best book that I have encountered so far on the subject of influencing. It is a rich blend of theory and practice based on the authors own experience of consulting work with blue chip companies over many years' - Dr Eversley Felix, Senior Learning and Development Consultant, BBC.
'70 years after Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People comes this handy guide to gaining and using influence in the business world. Entertainingly written, it should find a place on every executive's bookshelf. Don't force anyone to buy it, don't even try to persuade them to buy it - just influence their choice. They'll thank you for it. Written in an entertaining and highly accessible style, this is a book to set alongside the heavier works on behavioural psychology, of considerable use to both the budding and confirmed business practitioner.' - Dr Michael Ward, Dean, ESC Rennes School of Business, France
'This book provides a welcome addition to the available literature. The two authors come with an impressive background in leadership...it provides a comprehensive and practicle guide to the dark art of influencing.' - Ian Patterson, Training Journal