About this book
Democracy and Northern Ireland examines the influence of liberal theories of democracy on recent developments in the Northern Irish peace process. In so doing it analyzes the applicability of theories such as political liberalism, multiculturalism and deliberative democracy to deeply divided societies. Little contends that these models need to build upon recent critiques provided by feminists and civil society theorists in the construction of a more radical interpretation of democracy that can provide a framework for democratic politics in Northern Ireland.
democracy politics social capital
- Book Title Democracy and Northern Ireland
- Book Subtitle Beyond the Liberal Paradigm?
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230511668
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2004
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4039-1248-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-51114-3
- eBook ISBN 978-0-230-51166-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 210
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site