Table of contents
About this book
This book explores migrant's global social remittances and their impacts on Europe. Exploring the topic from a range of disciplines including sociology, anthropology, geography and political science, the authors present empirical analyses covering a wide selection of international contexts across Europe, India, Iraq, Bolivia, Congo, Lebanon and Thailand. The book presents migrants not as Europe’s ‘cultural others’ but as an integral part of Europe’s global connection, and scrutinises the flows of knowledge, ideas, money, objects and values which result from the process of migration, rather than the migrants themselves.
A valuable contribution to the literature on migrant transnationalism and globalisation, this book will appeal to scholars across the social sciences.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-60126-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-60125-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-60126-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site