About this book
This book represents a brief treatise on the theory and research behind the concept of desistance from crime. This ever-growing field has become increasingly relevant as questions of serious issues regarding sentencing, probation and the penal system continue to go unanswered. Rocque covers the history of research on desistance from crime and provides a discussion of research and theories on the topic before looking towards the future of the application of desistance to policy.
The focus of the volume is to provide an overview of the practical and theoretical developments to better understand desistance. In addition, a multidisciplinary, integrative theoretical perspective is presented, ensuring that it will be of particular interest for students and scholars of criminology and the criminal justice system.
crime research criminological theory longitudinal research life-course criminology rehabilitation corrections justice prison probation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-57234-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-57233-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-57234-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site