About this book
Multivariable control techniques solve issues of complex specification and modelling errors elegantly but the complexity of the underlying mathematics is much higher than presented in traditional single-input, single-output control courses.
Multivariable Control Systems focuses on control design with continual references to the practical aspects of implementation. While the concepts of multivariable control are justified, the book emphasises the need to maintain student interest and motivation over exhaustively rigorous mathematical proof. Tools of analysis and representation are always developed as methods for achieving a final control system design and evaluation.
• design implementation clearly laid out using extensive reference to MATLAB®;
• combined consideration of systems (plant) and signals (mainly disturbances) in a fluent but simple presentation;
• step-by-step approach from the objectives of multivariable control to the solution of complete design problems.
Multivariable Control Systems is an ideal text for masters students, students beginning their Ph.D. or for final-year undergraduates looking for more depth than provided by introductory textbooks. It will also interest the control engineer practising in industry and seeking to implement robust or multivariable control solutions to plant problems in as straightforward a manner as possible.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b97506
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-85233-738-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-85233-843-5
- Series Print ISSN 1439-2232
- Series Online ISSN 2510-3814
- Buy this book on publisher's site