About this book
Cryptology nowadays is one of the most important areas of applied mathematics, building on deep results and methods from various areas of mathematics. This text is devoted to the study of stochastic aspects of cryptology.
Besides classical topics from cryptology, the author presents chapters on probabilistic prime number tests, factorization with quantum computers, random-number generators, pseudo-random-number generators, information theory, and the birthday paradox and meet-in-the-middle attack.
In the light of the vast literature on stochastic results relevant for cryptology, this book is intended as an invitation and introduction for students, researchers, and practitioners to probabilistic and statistical issues in cryptology.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b97045
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-22001-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-25942-8
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book