About this book
Over the past fifteen years regulatory agencies have relied on their approaches to characterise and control the release of toxic substances into the aquatic environment: a GC/MS analysis for U.S. EPA designated 126 priority pollutants and 132 dangerous substances according to the European 76/464/CEE Directive and on the bioassays with aquatic bioorganisms.
"Emerging Contaminants" correspond in most cases to irregulated contaminants, e.g. surfactants, pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCP), or gasoline additives.
These two volumes, 5/I and 5/O, of this Handbook deal with the analytical, toxicological and environmental issues of these toxicants. Based on results of up-to-date research they give the reader a balanced view on this rapidly developing and complex subject.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b88452
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-21365-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-39992-6
- Series Print ISSN 1867-979X
- Series Online ISSN 1616-8666
- Buy this book on publisher's site