About this book
Nonlinear optical crystals are widely used in modern optical science and technology for frequency conversion of laser light, i.e. to generate laser radiation at any specific wavelength in visible, UV or IR spectral regions.
This unrivalled reference book contains the most complete and up-to-date information on properties of nonlinear optical crystals. It includes:
* Database of 63 common and novel nonlinear optical crystals
* Periodically-poled and self-frequency-doubling materials
* Full description of linear and nonlinear optical properties
* Significant amount of crystallophysical, thermophysical, spectroscopic, electro-optic and magneto-optic information
* 7 mini-reviews on novel applications, such as deep-UV light generation, terahertz-wave generation, ultrashort laser pulse compression, photonic band-gap crystals, x3 nonlinearity, etc.
* More than 1500 different references with full titles
It is a vital source of information for scientists and engineers dealing with modern applications of nonlinear optical crystals in quantum electronics, photonics, optoelectronics and laser physics.
About the author:
Prof. David N. Nikogosyan, Ph.D., is an SFI (Science Foundation Ireland) Investigator in the Physics Department at University College Cork, Cork, Ireland. He has a 35-year scientific career in nonlinear optics, laser physics and quantum electronics. He has authored 133 peer-reviewed scientific publications, including 11 reviews and 8 books.