Table of contents
About this book
Component-based software development, CBSD, is no longer just one more new paradigm in software engineering, but is effectively used in development and practice. So far, however, most of the efforts from the software engineering community have concentrated on the functional aspects of CBSD, leaving aside the treatment of the quality issues and extra-functional properties of software components and component-based systems.
This book is the first one focusing on quality issues of components and component-based systems. The 16 revised chapters presented were carefully reviewed and selected for inclusion in the book; together with an introductory survey, they give a coherent and competent survey of the state of the art in the area. The book is organized in topical parts on COTS selection, testing and certification, software component quality models, formal models to quality assessment, and CBSD management.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b11721
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-40503-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-45064-1
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book