About this book
Molecular chaperones interact with virtually every newly synthesized protein. Their role is not limited to this, as an increasing number of protein-protein interactions are found to be mediated by molecular chaperones. They reside in large complexes, in every cellular compartment, and to some extent even outside cells. These proteins are of interest to a large number of scientists, not only to those interested in protein biosynthesis, but also in relation to protein transport, organelle biogenesis, and cell stress.
Whereas excellent reviews on molecular chaperones are published, they often focus on the latest results without reiterating the basics. The goal of this volume was to assemble a collection of reviews on molecular chaperones that would be both timely and basic, which would make them an excellent entrance for novices into the field and suitable for teaching purposes.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b100697
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin/Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-32580-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-32581-9
- Series Print ISSN 1610-2096
- Series Online ISSN 1610-6970
- Buy this book on publisher's site