Table of contents
About this book
With that in mind, the following questions are dealt with in this book: What are the non-technological sources of innovation? What can the progress of STI bring to humankind? What roles will society be expected to play in the new model of innovation? The authors argue that the majority of so-called technological innovations are actually socio-technical innovations, requiring huge resources for financing activities, adapting regulations, designing adequate policy frames, and shaping new uses and new users while having the appropriate interaction with society.
This book gathers multi- and trans-disciplinary approaches in innovation that go beyond technology and take into account the inter-relations with social and human phenomena. Illustrated by carefully chosen examples and based on broad and well-informed analyses, it is highly recommended to readers who seek an in-depth and up-to-date integrated overview of innovation in its non-technological dimensions.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-9053-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-9052-4
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-9053-1
- Series Print ISSN 2364-9186
- Series Online ISSN 2364-9445
- Buy this book on publisher's site