Table of contents
About this book
The purpose of this book is twofold. First, this book is an attempt to map the state of quantitative research in Asian tourism and hospitality context and provide a detailed description of the design, implementation, application, and challenges of quantitative methods in tourism in Asia. Second, this book aims to contribute to the tourism literature by discussing the past, current and future quantitative data analysis methods.
The book offers new insights into well-established research techniques such as regression analysis, but goes beyond first generation data analysis techniques to introduce methods seldom – if ever – used in tourism and hospitality research. In addition to investigating existing and novel research techniques, the book suggests areas for future studies. In order to achieve its objectives the analysis is split into three main sections: understanding the tourism industry in Asia; the current status of quantitative data analysis; and future directions for Asian tourism research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2463-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2462-8
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2463-5
- Series Print ISSN 2509-4203
- Series Online ISSN 2509-4211
- Buy this book on publisher's site