About this book
This book introduces a framework to assist human resource practitioners and organisations embrace strategies that will drive high engagement levels within organisations with a union presence.
The authors address established definitions of engagement and how they have been conceptualised in academic and practitioners’ literature, before exploring and unpacking circumstances that influence levels of engagement amongst employees in a unionised environment. In doing so, the framework introduced elaborates on approaches and interventions with the greatest potential to create, improve, and embed high levels of engagement within the unionised work environment.
Jan Hendrick Nel has 22 years of experience as a HR generalist and spent the last 10 years in a professional services environment as HR Director for BDO, South Africa.
Bennie Linde is an Associate Professor at the North-West University in South Africa. He is a member of the School of Industrial Psychology and Human Resource Management at the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences.
Unionisation Global Industrial Relations Engagement in Unionised Organisations Engagement in Unionised Environments Employee Engagement Elements employee engagement Drivers of employee engagement Outcomes of employee engagement Employee Engagement Concept Psychology of employee engagement Burnout-Antithesis approach to engagement Employee-Organisation Relationship
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-2197-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Singapore
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-981-13-2196-2
- Online ISBN 978-981-13-2197-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site