Table of contents
About this book
This book reviews the latest advances in the bioelectrochemical degradation of recalcitrant environmental contaminants. The first part introduces readers to the basic principles and methodologies of bioelectrochemical systems, electron-respiring microorganisms, the electron transfer mechanism and functional electrode materials. In turn, the second part addresses the bioelectrochemical remediation/treatment of various environmental pollutants (including highly toxic refractory organics, heavy metals, and nitrates) in wastewater, sediment and wetlands. Reactor configuration optimization, hybrid technology amplification and enhanced removal principles and techniques are also discussed.
The book offers a valuable resource for all researchers and professionals working in environmental science and engineering, bioelectrochemistry, environmental microbiology and biotechnology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8542-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-8541-3
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-8542-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site