About these proceedings
This book is a collection of papers presented at the 'Forum "Math-for-Industry" 2016 ' (FMfl2016), held at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, on November 21–23, 2016. The theme for this unique and important event was “Agriculture as a Metaphor for Creativity in All Human Endeavors”, and it brought together leading international mathematicians and active researchers from universities and industry to discuss current challenging topics and to promote interactive collaborations between mathematics and industry.
The success of agricultural practice relies fundamentally on its interconnections with and dependence on biology and the environment. Both play essential roles, including the biological adaption to cope with environmental challenges of biotic and abiotic stress and global warming. The book highlights the development of mathematics within this framework that successful agricultural practice depends upon and exploits.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-7811-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Singapore
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-981-10-7810-1
- Online ISBN 978-981-10-7811-8
- Series Print ISSN 2198-350X
- Series Online ISSN 2198-3518
- About this book