Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a succinct but comprehensive presentation of key geomorphological locations and topics including information about geomorphological heritage and maps to visit the most important sites.
Apart from often being remarkably scenic, landscapes reveal stories that often can be traced back in time tens of million years and include unique events. This is particularly true for Ethiopia where spectacular examples of different landforms are present. Its geomorphology varies from highlands, marked by high volcanoes and incised by deep river gorges, to the rift valley lakes endorheic systems and the below sea level lowlands with characteristic landscapes which are unique in the world. Landscapes and Landforms of Ethiopia highlights all these topics including essential information about geology and tectonic framework, past and present climate, hydrology, geographical regions and long-term geomorphological history. It is a highly informative book, providing insight for readers with an interest in geography and geomorphology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-8026-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-94-017-8025-4
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-8026-1
- Series Print ISSN 2213-2090
- Series Online ISSN 2213-2104
- Buy this book on publisher's site