Table of contents
About this book
In this landmark set of papers, experts from around the world present the latest and most promising approaches to both the theory and practice of effective environmental management. To achieve sustainable development, organizations and individual citizens must comply with environmental laws and regulations. Accordingly, a major contribution of this book is the presentation of original techniques for designing effective environmental policies, regulations, inspection precedures and monitoring systems. Interesting methods for modelling risk and decision making problems are discussed from an environmental management perspective. Moreover, knowledge-based techniques for handling environmental problems are also investigated. Finally, the last main part of the book describes optimal approaches to reservoir operation and control that take into account appropriate multiple objectives.
The book is of direct interest to researchers, teachers, students and practitioners concerned with the latest developments in environmental management and sustainable development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-3081-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 1994
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-4380-1
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-3081-5
- Series Print ISSN 0921-092X
- Buy this book on publisher's site