About this book
MPEG-7 is the first international standard which contains a number of key techniques from Computer Vision and Image Processing. The Curvature Scale Space technique was selected as a contour shape descriptor for MPEG-7 after substantial and comprehensive testing, which demonstrated the superior performance of the CSS-based descriptor.
Curvature Scale Space Representation: Theory, Applications, and MPEG-7 Standardization is based on key publications on the CSS technique, as well as its multiple applications and generalizations. The goal was to ensure that the reader will have access to the most fundamental results concerning the CSS method in one volume. These results have been categorized into a number of chapters to reflect their focus as well as content. The book also includes a chapter on the development of the CSS technique within MPEG standardization, including details of the MPEG-7 testing and evaluation processes which led to the selection of the CSS shape descriptor for the standard.
The book can be used as a supplementary textbook by any university or institution offering courses in computer and information science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-0343-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-6270-3
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-0343-7
- Series Print ISSN 1381-6446
- Buy this book on publisher's site