Table of contents
About this book
The Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics 2013 discusses current methodological debates on the synergy of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics research. The volume presents insightful Pragmatic analyses of corpora in new technological domains and devotes some chapters to the pragmatic description of spoken corpora from various theoretical traditions.
The Yearbook of Corpus Linguistics and Pragmatics series will give readers insight into how Pragmatics can be used to explain real corpus data, and, in addition, how corpora can explain Pragmatic intuitions, and from there, develop and refine theory. Corpus Linguistics can offer a meticulous methodology based on mathematics and statistics, while Pragmatics is characterized by its efforts to interpret intended meaning in real language. This yearbook offers a platform to scholars who combine both research methodologies to present rigorous and interdisciplinary findings about language in real use.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-6250-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-6249-7
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-6250-3
- Series Print ISSN 2213-6819
- Series Online ISSN 2213-6827
- Buy this book on publisher's site