About this book
Pediatric Cancer: Teratoid/Rhabdoid, Brain Tumors, and Glioma
· Epilepsy prognosis and treatment
· Symptoms of tumors in children
· Diagnostic imaging technology
This second volume in the Pediatric Cancer series edited by Professor M.A. Hayat presents a general introduction to the principles of diagnosis and treatment of children with brain tumors.
*Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease among U.S. children between infancy and age 15. Approximately 11,210 new cases of pediatric cancer are expected to be diagnosed in children 0–14 years of age in 2011.
A complete resource for researchers in the symptoms of tumors in children, epilepsy prognosis and treatment and diagnostic imaging technology, this volume presents and discusses:
· Molecular characterization of solid tumors,
· The role of molecular pathways providing putative targets for new therapies.
· High resolution magic angle spinning NMR spectroscopy, to determine metabolic profiles for small pieces of intact tissue and whole cells in culture,
· The differences between adult and pediatric brain tumors,· The role of tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes in the development and progression of human malignancies,
· Various neuroradiological imaging modalities in children with leukemia,
This volume also examines in detail the results of clinical trials using radiotherapy in pediatric brain tumors, such as medulloblastoma, ependymoma, craniopharyngioma, low-grade glioma, high-grade glioma, brainstem glioma, and germ cell tumors.
Aimed at researchers and medical oncologists, Pediatric Cancer volume 2, will also be of interest to medical technicians, pharmaceutical companies and of course, medical libraries.
Professor M.A. Hayat is Distinguished Professor at the Department of Biology, Kean University NJ, USA.
*National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services http://www.cancer.gov/aboutnci/servingpeople/cancer-statistics/snapshots
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-2957-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-94-007-2956-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-007-2957-5
- Series Print ISSN 2211-7997
- Series Online ISSN 2211-8004
- About this book