About this book
Disordered systems are ubiquitous in nature and their study remains a profound and challenging subject of current research. Ideas and methods from the physics of Disordered systems have been fruitfully applied to several fields ranging from computer science to neuroscience.
This book contains a selection of lectures delivered at the 'SERC School on Disordered Systems', spanning topics from classic results to frontier areas of research in this field. Spin glasses, disordered Ising models, quantum disordered systems, structural glasses, dilute magnets, interfaces in random field systems and disordered vortex systems are among the topics discussed in the text, in chapters authored by active researchers in the field, including Bikas Chakrabarti, Arnab Das, Deepak Kumar, Gautam Menon, G. Ravikumar, Purusattam Ray, Srikanth Sastry and Prabodh Shukla.
This book provides a gentle and comprehensive introduction to the physics of disordered systems and is aimed at graduate students and young scientists either working in or intending to enter this exciting field. It should also serve as a general reference for students and practicing researchers alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-93-86279-51-4
- Copyright Information Hindustan Book Agency (India) 2012
- Publisher Name Hindustan Book Agency, Gurgaon
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-93-80250-32-8
- Online ISBN 978-93-86279-51-4
- Series Print ISSN 2366-8849
- Series Online ISSN 2366-8857
- About this book