Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on multiple plant stresses and the molecular basis of adaptation, addressing the molecular mechanism and adaptation for both abiotic and biotic stresses.
Ensuring the yield of crop plants grown under multiple individual and/or combined stresses is essential to sustaining productivity. In this regard, the development of broad-spectrum stress-tolerant plants is important.
However, to date information has largely been compiled only on the individual stress tolerance mechanisms, and the mechanisms behind plants’ tolerance to two or more individual or simultaneous stresses are not fully understood. Especially combinatorial stress, a new stress altogether, has only recently been made the object of systematic study.
Now several research groups around the world have begun exploring the concurrent stress tolerance mechanisms under both biotic and abiotic stress combinations. This book presents contributions from various experts, highlighting the findings of their multiple individual and concurrent stress tolerance dissection studies.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Plant Tolerance to Individual and Concurrent Stresses
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-81-322-3706-8
- Copyright Information Springer (India) Pvt. Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, New Delhi
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-81-322-3704-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-81-322-3891-1
- eBook ISBN 978-81-322-3706-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 178
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 12 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site