About this book
Hortense Tarrade analyses over 200,000 venture capital (VC) investments over the past 20 years to understand the investors' motivation to select national or foreign companies into their portfolio. She compares the sensitivity of US-based, non-US and German VC firms to the availability of local deal supply and demand as well as the relative importance of their intrinsic capabilities in their investment scope decision ("Why do VC firms invest on a national, continental or global scope?"). Further, she provides an in-depth analysis of the role of geographic and cultural distance in investments by German VCs ("Why do VC firms invest in a target location rather than another?").
- Book Title Cross-Border Venture Capital Investments
- Book Subtitle Why Do Venture Capital Firms Invest at a Distance?
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-8349-6939-2
- Copyright Information Gabler Verlag | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2012
- Publisher Name Gabler Verlag
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-8349-3118-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-8349-6939-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 180
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site