About this book
Lankhorst and his co-authors present ArchiMate® 3.0, enterprise modelling language that captures the complexity of architectural domains and their relations and allows the construction of integrated enterprise architecture models. They provide architects with concrete instruments that improve their architectural practice. As this is not enough, they additionally present techniques and heuristics for communicating with all relevant stakeholders about these architectures. Since an architecture model is useful not only for providing insight into the current or future situation but can also be used to evaluate the transition from ‘as-is’ to ‘to-be’, the authors also describe analysis methods for assessing both the qualitative impact of changes to an architecture and the quantitative aspects of architectures, such as performance and cost issues.
The modelling language presented has been proven in practice in many real-life case studies and has been adopted by The Open Group as an international standard. So this book is an ideal companion for enterprise IT or business architects in industry as well as for computer or management science students studying the field of enterprise architecture.
This fourth edition of the book has been completely reworked to be compatible with ArchiMate® 3.0, and it includes a new chapter relating this new version to other standards. New sections on capability analysis, risk analysis, and business architecture in general have also been introduced.
Features and Benefits
· Introduces the ArchiMate® 3.0 modelling language for enterprise architecture, an Open Group standard
· Describes quantitative analysis methods to assess the impact of architectural changes
· Provides new insights on the use of architecture models in capability-based planning, portfolio management and risk management
· Briefly introduces industry standards and approaches like BPMN, UML, the Business Model Canvas, the Business Motivation Model and TOGAF 9.1 and relates them to ArchiMate® 3.0
· Extensive industry support
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-53933-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-53932-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-53933-0
- Series Print ISSN 1867-8920
- Series Online ISSN 1867-8939
- Buy this book on publisher's site