Luxury is as old as humankind and has sparked multiple debates throughout of history. In today’s consumer society, luxury brands have become aspirational symbols. Yet, to date, a comprehensive overview of the different perspectives that have shaped the discourses about luxury is missing. Hannes Gurzki provides a broad overview of luxury research, highlights and details important perspectives on luxury, and derives practical guidelines for managers based on research. Thereby the author combines insights from different disciplines, such as philosophy, sociology, psychology, anthropology, cultural studies, economics or management, to broaden and deepen our understanding of luxury and its creation principles.
- The State of Luxury Research: A Bibliometric Citation Analysis
- Perspectives on Luxury: An Integrative Model
- Decoding Luxury Brand Communications
- Implications for Luxury Brand Management
- Researchers and students of marketing, communications, brand and luxury management
- Experts of the luxury industry, creative industries, media, consumer goods, and retail
Dr. Hannes Gurzki is program director at the European School of Management and Technology in Berlin. He has been working as a strategy consultant for several years. He completed his dissertation with Univ.-Prof. Dr. David M. Woisetschläger at the Institute for Automotive Management and Industrial Production (AIP), Chair of Services Management, at the Technical University Braunschweig.