The WERA-IRN conference Extended Education from an International Comparative Point of View held at University of Bamberg, Germany, in 2017 aimed at bringing together different research perspectives, to synthesize the state of research worldwide in this new field of extended education – afterschool and out-of-school time learning –, and to initiate an international research direction from a comparative point of view. WERA-IRN Extended Education is an International Research Network of the World Education Research Association. From the conference proceedings, thirteen high-quality papers have been selected representing the international state of research on extended education.
- Developments and Implementations of Extended Education in Different Countries
- Compensatory Effects of Extended Education
- Multiprofessional Collaboration in the Field of Extended Education
- Peer to Peer in Extended Education
- Professionalization in Extended Education: Situation in Germany
- Researchers and students in the fields of educational sciences and educational economics
- Practitioners in educational administration
Prof. Dr. Marianne Schüpbach, Freie Universität Berlin, Professorship of Primary Education.
Dr. Nanine Lilla, Freie Universität Berlin, Professorship of Primary Education.