About this book
This book contains a collection of projects and scenarios dealing with new risks from emerging technologies, future peace keeping operations, and water distribution issues by combining analysis with dialogue. Special attention is paid to the methodology of narrative scenarios, and the role of imagination in the generation of these scenarios. Appearing as short stories, narrative scenarios include a great amount of explicit and implicit knowledge and they need story telling skills to become consistent, coherent as well as compelling and convincing pictures of the future.
- Narrative Scenarios
- Public Security
- Future of Water Use
- Future of Peace Operations
- Emerging Technological Threats
- Researchers, lectures and students of social and political sciences, management, communication and education with interest in foresight
- Practitioners from think tanks and consultancies, from risk and security research, technology foresight and technology assessment
The EditorsRoman Peperhove is head of the research Unit for Public Security at Freie Universität Berlin.
Dr. Karlheinz Steinmüller is scientific director of a foresight consulting company and science fiction author.
Prof. Dr. Hans-Liudger Dienel holds the professorship "Arbeitslehre/Technik und Partizipation" at the Technical University of Berlin and is Managing Director of the nexus Institute for Cooperation Management and Interdisciplinary Research GmbH.
Futures studies Security research Risk assessment Technology assessment Public Security Narrative Scenarios Public Security Mobility Research Future of Water Use Future of Peace Operations Emerging Technological Threats
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Envisioning Uncertain Futures
- Book Subtitle Scenarios as a Tool in Security, Privacy and Mobility Research
- Series Title Zukunft und Forschung
- Series Abbreviated Title Zukunft,Forschung
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-25074-4
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-25073-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-25074-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 255
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Knowledge - Discourse
Military and Defence Studies
Methodology of the Social Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site