About this book
The volume scrutinizes publics and infrastructures not separately but in their constitutive interrelations and resonances. The contributions, originating in a range of disciplinary perspectives, share a praxeological approach, discussing historical and current processes of mediated cooperation in infrastructuring and making public(s) by tracing different forms of the production, design, and historic trajectories of various publics and infrastructures.
• Perspectives• Civic Culture
• Public Transport
• Science and Academia
The Target groups
• Academics in the fields of science and technology studies, social sciences, media and communication studies, information technologies and history
• practitioners in politics and administration, telecommunications, journalists and content providers
Matthias Korn is a researcher in socio-informatics and post doc in the CRC 1187 Media of Cooperation, University of Siegen.
Wolfgang Reißmann is a researcher in communication and media studies and post doc in the CRC 1187 Media of Cooperation, University of Siegen.Tobias Röhl is a researcher in sociology and post doc in the CRC 1187 Media of Cooperation, University of Siegen.
David Sittler is a media and urban historian and was coordinator of the Research Lab Transformations of Life and Knowledge, University of Cologne.
Digitisation Infrastructures Publics Structural/infrastructural change of publics Material issue formation / material participation Maintenance of public infrastructures Experimenting Media theory Practice theory Science and Technology Studies
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-20725-0
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Social Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-20724-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-20725-0
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8349
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8357
- Buy this book on publisher's site