About this book
The UEFA European Football Championship 2008TM (EURO 2008) was the largest sports event ever organized in Switzerland. The host nations Austria and Switzerland emphasized the sustainability of the event. Through their analysis the authors argue that well-known principles of sustainability and policy were not uniformly implemented for the EURO 2008. Nonetheless, this book shows how, in Switzerland, a legacy was created through the implementation of corporate governance and social responsibility policies by UEFA, the Swiss Government and the Swiss Football Association. This book offers an unprecedented resource for sports practitioners and researchers. It provides a wealth of data based on the study of existing scholarly literature, key strategic and conceptual documents as well as exclusive interviews with high-level executives involved in the organization of EURO 2008.
- Corporate Governance & Corporate Social Responsibility
- Cultural and Societal Sustainability of Mega Events
- The Policy Makers for Mega Sporting Events
- Lecturers and scholars in political-, economical and sports science
- Practitioners in the fields of sport-, event-, marketing and project management, decision makers from sports governing bodies, the public authority
Pierre Lienhard, Executive Master in European Sport Governance (at the Political Studies Institute of Paris (Sciences Po), France; Sports Business Professional, Switzerland.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Holger Preuss is Professor for Sport Economics and Sport Sociology at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany.
- Book Title Legacy, Sustainability and CSR at Mega Sport Events
- Book Subtitle An Analysis of the UEFA EURO 2008 in Switzerland
- Series Title Event- und Impaktforschung
- Series Abbreviated Title Event- und Impaktforschung
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-06470-9
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2014
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-658-06469-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-658-06470-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 255
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site