Table of contents
About this book
In this book an international group of authors reflects mechanisms of the cultural and social construction of landscapes. International migration and global exchange are associated with a multitude of different cultural meanings of landscapes. The logics of multi-cultural perceptions and meanings of landscape call for trans-disciplinary research, and for guidance on addressing culturally sensitive issues and inclusion in practical planning.
· (International) Concepts of Landscapes, Theory Basis
· Landscape Perception and Preferences in Multicultural Settings
· Inter-Acculturation in Multicultural Settings and in Territories in Transition
· Migrants and Non-Migrants Perception and Preferences
· A Condition of the Spirit: Mapping Landscape, Language and Culture
· Current Demands on Landscape Research by the Growing Importance of Hybridization
· Researchers in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Leisure Sciences
· Landscape architects
· Urban and landscape planners
· Urban and regional sociologists
Dr. Diedrich Bruns teaches as professor at the department for landscape architecture at Kassel University.
Dr. Olaf Kühne is professor of agricultural- and regional management at the University of Weihenstephan-Triesdorf.
Dr. Antje Schönwald is research assistant for geography at the University of Saarland.
Dipl.-Ing. Simone Theile is research assistant for landscape planning at Kassel University.