About this book
This is the first of two volumes offering the very first comprehensive treatise of self-organization and non-linear dynamics in electrochemical systems. The second volume covers spatiotemporal patterns and the control of chaos.
The content of both volumes is organized so that each description of a particular electrochemical system is preceded by an introduction to basic concepts of nonlinear dynamics, in order to help the reader unfamiliar with this discipline to understand at least fundamental concepts and the methods of stability analysis. The presentation of the systems is not limited to laboratory models but stretches out to real-life objects and processes, including systems of biological importance, such as neurons in living matter. Marek Orlik presents a comprehensive and consistent survey of the field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27673-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-27672-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-27673-6
- Series Print ISSN 1865-1836
- Series Online ISSN 1865-1844
- Buy this book on publisher's site