Table of contents
About this book
"Geometric Structure of High-Dimensional Data and Dimensionality Reduction" adopts data geometry as a framework to address various methods of dimensionality reduction. In addition to the introduction to well-known linear methods, the book moreover stresses the recently developed nonlinear methods and introduces the applications of dimensionality reduction in many areas, such as face recognition, image segmentation, data classification, data visualization, and hyperspectral imagery data analysis. Numerous tables and graphs are included to illustrate the ideas, effects, and shortcomings of the methods. MATLAB code of all dimensionality reduction algorithms is provided to aid the readers with the implementations on computers.
The book will be useful for mathematicians, statisticians, computer scientists, and data analysts. It is also a valuable handbook for other practitioners who have a basic background in mathematics, statistics and/or computer algorithms, like internet search engine designers, physicists, geologists, electronic engineers, and economists.
Jianzhong Wang is a Professor of Mathematics at Sam Houston State University, U.S.A.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-27497-8
- Copyright Information Higher Education Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-27496-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-27497-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site