About this book
"Finsler Geometry: An Approach via Randers Spaces" exclusively deals with a special class of Finsler metrics -- Randers metrics, which are defined as the sum of a Riemannian metric and a 1-form. Randers metrics derive from the research on General Relativity Theory and have been applied in many areas of the natural sciences. They can also be naturally deduced as the solution of the Zermelo navigation problem. The book provides readers not only with essential findings on Randers metrics but also the core ideas and methods which are useful in Finsler geometry. It will be of significant interest to researchers and practitioners working in Finsler geometry, even in differential geometry or related natural fields.
Xinyue Cheng is a Professor at the School of Mathematics and Statistics of Chongqing University of Technology, China. Zhongmin Shen is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences of Indiana University Purdue University, USA.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24888-7
- Copyright Information Science Press Ltd, Beijing and Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-24887-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-24888-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site