About this book
The Hybrid Deliberative Layer (HDL) solves the problem that an intelligent agent faces in dealing with a large amount of information which may or may not be useful in generating a plan to achieve a goal. The information, that an agent may need, is acquired and stored in the DL model. Thus, the HDL is used as the main knowledge base system for the agent.
In this work, a novel approach which amalgamates Description Logic (DL) reasoning with Hierarchical Task Network (HTN) planning is introduced. An analysis of the performance of the approach has been conducted and the results show that this approach yields significantly smaller planning problem descriptions than those generated by current representations in HTN planning.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22580-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-22579-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-22580-2
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book